Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things Are The Same. Things Are Different.

Bullet-form blog entry because I am a lazy, lazy human being:

  • The car is dead. Long live the car. Basically, it is broken in an expensive way that will take a month or two to save for, and then it will be paid off and will need to be put into my name and insured all over again, so fuck it, we're taking the bus for a while. I'd be sadder if we lived in BFE where there wasn't a bus that ran practically outside my front door every day, but since that isn't the case? Meh. Catching up on my knitting in a BIG way.
  • It is... I guess...?... springtime headed into summer here, but you'd never know it by looking. Mother Nature is being as bipolar here as she is everywhere else, and as such has seen fit to dump bucketloads of rain on us instead of sweet, tremulous spring sunlight. Again, meh. I don't have a seed planted anywhere to be impatient over, so I am doing okay. Although that makes me wish that I had a yard to plant seeds in to be impatient over, kind of.
  • Coming up here in three days is my mother's birthday. Should I tell you, Internet? I think I will. The last time I went up to the cemetery, I couldn't find her grave. I ended up wandering the general area where I remembered her grave to be, wild-eyed, on the verge of tears, feeling like the worst child in the history of children, even though it has long been my philosophy that I don't need to visit a patch of earth to love and honor my lost loved ones. Also, I have specifically requested that my loved ones scatter my ashes in some top-secret place of no value (the side of the highway would even be fine) so that people will do the same for me: honor and respect my memory wherever you happen to be, and place no value on the place where my ashes are deposited.
  • Like how I sidestepped how my mom's birthday will be making me feel? Alright, I will admit it. It will be miserable. I will pretend to be normal, all the while feeling a bitter, churning mixture of emotions on the inside. But nobody will be able to tell, and I will spend another year trying not to feel sorry for myself because nobody is able to tell.
And on that cheerful note, that's all the news that is news here. What's going on in your world? (Donna, I have been following along. I'm so glad your knee is working out so well. Really, really glad.)

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

If I ever win the lottery, I'll set you up with a house and yard in the place of your choosing. Oh wait, I don't play the lottery. But if I did...

Captain Thundertongue of the Space Patrol said...

Sorry I haven't been reading; never know when to. Been wallowing in pain and suffrage instead...and God doesn't see fit to give me a vote.
So...put aside the fact you're SUPPOSED to call me when there's car trubble so I can try to get you help (remember the last time? the promise? didn't think so), what the hell's the matter with it?
Sorry to be grouchy. Bad week. Need illegal meds.
Or a satellite with a death laser for our common emenees. (better)