Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why The Title "Auspex"?

Because of this poem, by Robert Frost:

Auspex

Once in a California Sierra
I was swooped down upon when I was small,
And measured, but not taken after all,
By a great eagle bird in all its terror.

Such auspices are very hard to read.
My parents when I ran to them averred
I was rejected by the royal bird
As one who would not make a Ganymede.

Not find a barkeep unto Jove in me?
I have remained resentful to this day
When any but myself presumed to say
That there was anything I couldn't be.


Nobody, through word or deed, will be allowed to keep me from doing or being that which I love. So I've moved house and am back in business, with the caveat, of course, that my blogging will be limited unless I have something worthwhile to say.

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Fernan said...

As one of the Frieda's cats used to say, "I'm mere, I'm mere." Maybe it comes out the cat better. This is what I get for trying to quote a cat anyway. But, I'm here. Now lets give with whole ne addy. I haven't had anything to wholesale since the last time I tried it. Wait, I got it, I can make you a del on a cowpie. Let it dry and it'll help hrst your house. More later. I got to go bale hay.
anmynious clalled Fernan